Welcome to Ron Gordon Watch Repair. My workshop is conveniently located in Midtown New York City. My shop is equipped with modern state of the art machinery to handle all phases of watch repair, water resistant testing and case and bracelet refinishing. I have over 30 years of experience and knowledge with the tools to do the job right. All work is done in house.
Swiss Watch Repair and Service
The Swiss watch and clock industry appeared in Geneva in the middle of the 16th century. In 1541, reforms implemented by Jean Calvin and banning the wear of jewels, forced the goldsmiths and other jewellers to turn into a new, independent craft : watchmaking.
Repairing your Swiss Watch
A Swiss watch is a precision timepiece and it needs regular interval servicing for it to work precisely. Manufacurers recommend complete repairs be done every 4-5 years. The 2 recommended repairs are –
Partial Maintenance (whenever the battery is changed)
- Replacement of gaskets using genuine Swiss parts
- Restore the water resistance to Swiss manufacturer standards
- Clean the case and bracelet ultrasonically
Final inspection, visual and technical
- Complete Overhaul and reseal (every 4-5 years)
- The movement is completely taken apart, then any worn or broken parts are replaced with genuine Swiss replacement parts.
- The watch is reassembled, oiled and regulated to Swiss factory requirements
- All the gaskets are replaced and the water resistance is restored to Swiss manufacturer standards.
- The case and bracelet are refinished to original condition
- Final examination and 72 hour test
Swiss watches are precision timepieces, bring your watch in today for a free evaluation or call or email me anytime and I will be glad to answer any questions regarding your watch.
Other Watch Brands – Repair and Service
We at Ron Gordon Watches also repair other watch brands such as Tag Heuer, Breitling, Longines, Hamilton, Omega, Rado, Rolex, Citizen, Tissot, Jaeger LeCoultre, and other major luxury watch brands. If you are a lover of luxury watches and/or need luxury watch repair, please reach out to Ron Gordon, personally, to repair your beloved timepiece!
About the Swiss Institute, New York City, NY
Founded on May 7th, 1986, the Swiss Institute was officially registered with the State and City of New York as an independent, not-for-profit organization on September 12th, 1986. Originally, the Institute occupied two living rooms at the Swiss Townhouse at 35 West 67th Street, and was run entirely by volunteers. Since then, each year has been marked by the growth in programs, outreach, and funding.
~ Follow Ron Gordon on Google+!