New York, NY – April 25, 2016. Ron Gordon Watch Repair, a top-rated watch repair service for NY, New York, is proud to announce a new blog post on the issue of vintage Rolexes for the New York City area. The blog discusses some quick tips for anyone either purchasing a vintage Rolex, or having inherited one.
“Rolex watches and Rolex watch repair are very popular issues here in our New York City shop,” explained Ron Gordon, proprietor of Ron Gordon Watch Repair. “Accordingly, we try to discuss Rolex issues frequently in our blog.”
- To read the new blog post about Rolex watch repair, click here.
Information about Rolex repair is also available on the website.
Vintage Rolex: Issues to Consider
Among the issues discussed in the blog post are the following:
- The Dial – the dial of a Rolex is the ‘most important’ element. You want to examine it closely for authenticity. In addition, they can be swapped out by people over time, as on a used car: so you might have a genuine Rolex but the dial was replaced over time. This can impact the value, as can the fact that it’s fake. So let us examine the Rolex dial and give you some guidance.
- The Parts – Rolex watches (like everything else) can break, and need to be repaired. If you’ve inherited a Rolex watch, then – chances are – it’s pretty old. Over time, the watch may have been repaired. If the parts used were not genuine, or were only authorized by Rolex (not manufactured by Rolex), this can impact the value of your Rolex watch. Let us examine the parts of the watch and give you information on if the watch was repaired, and if so, using what types of parts.
- Watch Condition – assuming the watch is genuine, it’s time to assess its condition. Is it working? If so, how well? If not, what’s wrong, and what’s the cost to fix it? We are specialists in Rolex repair in New York City, so if it’s not functioning, we can give you an estimate on repair and then fix it. Let us assess your watch condition and needed repairs.
- Other Elements – now, most of you are anything but experts in Rolex watches and Rolex watch repair. Accordingly, there is a laundry list of other item such as the lugs, case, crown, back, bracelet, box, papers. Again, reach out to us if you are in the market for a vintage Rolex, or have come into procession.
About Ron Gordon
Ron Gordon Watch Repair is conveniently located at 280 Madison Avenue at 40th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. The company specializes in the service and repair of high quality, luxury, watches, both modern and vintage, and repairs watches for those who wear the very best brands. The expert and namesake is Ron Gordon.
Ron Gordon Watch Repair
Google+. Ron Gordon